Funding and Rebates
Your child maybe eligible for funding or a rebate to assist with costs.
- Medicare Items for Complex and Chronic Conditions. Eligibility is determined by the child’s GP who will then prepare a Chronic Disease Management Plan.
- Medicare Items for Indigenous Australians who have had a health check. Referral by the child’s GP or eligible Aboriginal Health Worker is required.
* Please note; The Medicare rebate will not cover the charged fee and a gap payment will be charged. The gap is the amount you pay over and above the Medicare rebate.
- Medicare Items for children (0 to 13 years of age) with Autism and for Better Start for children with disability. A referral from the child’s consultant paediatrician or psychiatrist required.
* HICAPS is available for immediate Medicare and private health insurance fund claiming following payment.
- Private Health Insurance Funds. Rebates through the family’s private health insurance fund maybe available. Please refer to your fund for coverage details.
- Additional information about funding and rebates is available at Speech Pathology Australia, the peak body for Australia speech pathologists.