Assessment: 1 hour comprehensive assessment of your child’s speech and language skills to determine skills and skill level, areas of deficit and goals for therapy. No referral is required (See below for specific program requirements).
Skills areas for assessment include:
- Receptive and Expressive Language (comprehension and use of words and sentences.)
- Articulation and Phonology (pronunciation of speech sounds and words)
- Pragmatic Language (ability to use language appropriately in social situations)
- Play-based and table top activities to engage your child and gain the information about your child’s skills in a relaxed, child friendly setting.
- Discussion to gather information about your child’s background, development, skills and areas of concern.
Registered Provider for:
- Medicare Items for Complex and Chronic Conditions (GP referral required)
- Medicare Items for children with autism and Better Start for children with disability (referral from the consultant paediatrician or psychiatrist required)
- Private Health Insurance Funds (refer to your fund for plan coverage details)